Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

My (Current) Holy Grail Makeup

I don't like to spend hours getting ready.  I like to keep things simple when it comes to make up and when I find products that work on my skin type (oily T-zone, dry under eyes & sensitive skin), I stick to it.

Here are my top five (current) holy grail products:


  1. Primer: Maybelline Baby Skin - Beautypedia rates this 3 stars (Good).  Truth be told, I have not tried any other primer but for me, this does the job.  
  2. Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Combination / Oily Skin with SPF 15 - I can't rave about this product enough.  This is seriously the best foundation I have ever tried.  It leaves my skin absolutely FLAWLESS!!!  Never broke me out so good for sensitive, acne-prone skin.  Highly, highly recommend this if you have the same skin type.  Another product rated BEST by Beautypedia (but can't find the link).  I believe this has been reformulated (no more SPF) and the new formula only earned an Average rating (2 stars).  Not sure if Revlon counters in Manila carry the new formulation but I am thinking of trying out the Maybelline Matte + Poreless Fit Me Foundation or Revlon Nearly Naked with both bagging the Best rating.  I only use my fingers to apply this, I don't use a brush/sponge.  I have a Real Techniques set but I find the best application is with my fingers.
  3. Moisturizer: MAC Strobe Cream - rated Best by Beautypedia.  I discovered this because of Catt Sadler.  This helps balance the matte-ness of my foundation and not to mention, it's chockfull of antioxidants that are so good for your skin.  I apply only to the high points of my face.
  4. Mascara: Maybelline Magnum Volum Express - 3 words: BEST. MASCARA. EVER.  In my opinion, Maybelline makes the best mascaras of all time.  I switched to this after I finished my tube of Maybelline Rocket Volum Express.  This gives me crazy long and full lashes and it doesn't clump!  It claims to lengthen your lashes 10x and it absolutely delivers on that promise.  If you don't want overly dramatic eyes, I would suggest the Rocket Volum.  My only gripe about this is it's waterproof whereas the Rocket Volum is water-resistant.
  5. Lipstick: MAC Viva Glam II - Perfect nude shade for everyday, very wearable so it's no surprise it's also rated Best by Beautypedia.
As you can see, I always refer to Beautypedia for all things makeup & skincare.  I like to make sure that what I put on my face is highly rated.  If you are struggling with problematic skin, I would suggest investing in a good skin care regimen before you invest in makeup.  This website can certainly help you formulate a good skin care plan that would suit your skin and your budget.

P.S. I do put blush & bronzer and groom my eyebrows but I'm not in love with the products I'm using right now.  I'm open to suggestions so please share your HG products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS