Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Detox Interrupted

After lunch on the 2nd day, I got my monthly visitor (you know what I mean).  So I was craving, cranky & crampy.  Sadly I had to cut the 3-day detox short if I wanted to keep my sanity. 

But here are my thoughts:
  1. Compared to local detox plans like Juice Jab, Juju Cleanse & Detox-in-a-Bottle, this plan is inexpensive.  The popular detox plans cost up to 2,500/day for 3 days.  This will set you back around 3,000 for the full duration of the plan. 
  2. The ingredients are very easy to find although I had to substitute spinach for kale since I couldn't find it (I went to Robinson's Supermarket BF, Makati Supermarket, S&R & Metro Supermarket).  
  3. I love the breakfast and dinner smoothies!  I still drink the breakfast smoothie even after the detox.  It's pretty easy to incorporate a glass (or two) of smoothie into my daily diet. I had read some horror stories about the lunch drink.  And it's true, it's horrible! 
  4. When you do this detox, be sure you are near a restroom at all times because you will have to go several times a day.  Having said that, I found it did not give me liquid stools (sorry TMI).  In the past, I had tried another detox drink, Dr. Tam Mateo's Miracle tea.  This one really upset my stomach (in a good way because it was cleansing my intestines) but the result was very liquid stools.
  5. In place of the nightly bath, I soaked my feet in epsom salt.  This is actually not new to me because I've done this before.  I don't really feel anything different when I do it but I know it has it's benefits.  I like doing little things like this that make me feel as though I'm taking good care of my body and getting rid of the toxins.
Would I do it again?  Honestly, probably not.  I got persistent, terrible headaches all throughout the 2 days I was on it.   BUT, I am happy to keep drinking smoothies.  I was intimidated before about what fruits and vegetables I would put.  But now, I just mix whatever I have available. So I don't consider it a failure that I didn't complete the 3 days but I feel it was a success because I came out of it with a new healthy habit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS