Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Days Are Long

I haven't had the time or the inclination to blog in a month.  It's been hectic in our household!

My day starts early at 6 a.m. (I work Australian hours so that's currently 3 hours ahead of Manila with DST).  I work from home all day and in between I take my son to Kumon and Montessori and if I'm lucky, I get to exercise.  His day ends at 5 p.m. and then we do dinner then bed time by 7:30 p.m.  Then that's the time I get to relax - catch up on my personal emails, blog hop, watch my fave shows, etc.  Then I turn in early so I have the energy to do it again the next day.  It's exhausting (thankfully I'm not the only tired mom) and now I finally have a few minutes to spare because it's my son's sem break.

These days, I really feel my age (approaching my mid-30s).  I can no longer jump out of bed and get going.  I feel aches and pains in my body (is this normal or should I see a doctor?) and my energy is not what it used to be.  To think I have full-time help who cooks, cleans & does the laundry.  I can't imagine how other moms do everything on their own!  And I only have one child.  I would probably go out of my mind if I had to do everything for more than one kid.   

Sometimes, it's hard to count my blessings when I'm pressured with work and my son refuses to cooperate.  Like he'd rather play with his toys than do his homework.  Or insist on 5 minutes of TV instead of getting ready for bed.  But I know these days of mothering will be over before I know it and I really try hard to appreciate the blessings in our busy lives.  Pretty soon, he won't be so dependent on me or even want my company.  As they say, the days are long but the years are short.



On that note, Happy Hump Day! :)  The week is almost over! Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS