Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

8 Years and Counting

Sorry for the lack of posts.  Life happened but I'm back for now.

Today marks our 8th wedding anniversary.  And as cliche as it sounds, it feels like yesterday and yet it feels like forever at the same time.


8 years married to the love of my life, my best friend & the best father to Quino (and BamBam).  We have lived through infertility treatments, 2 miscarriages, a difficult pregnancy plagued by 5 months of morning sickness & monthly intravenous immunoglobulin infusion, premature delivery via emergency CS, Quino's hernia operation and years of sleepless nights.

There is a myth that love should be this over-the-top extravaganza.  It's become a production number (just look at all those youtube videos of grand proposals and wedding flash mobs).  But our love has never been like that.  We took our vows in front of (literally) our immediate family.  Because really, after the wedding, it is just the two of you.  Each day is filled with the mundane - work, raising a family, bills, etc.  But that's where real love lives.

Real love is never leaving my side in the hospital before & after I gave birth.  It is taking the night shift for the first two months of having a newborn because I was too sick to do it.  It is giving the dog a bath every week, cleaning BamBam's pee and poop, doing the dishes when the help is off, foregoing nights out to stay in, spending hours on end in Fun Ranch so Quino can enjoy unlimited play, teaching him to ride a bike with two wheels, helping Quino with his homework... the list goes on and on. 

Real, deep love is loving me beyond how I look and showing your love through actions.  It is steadfast and true.  And that is why I love you so much more now than I ever did before.

Happy 8th anniversary, Tum! :) Thank you for all that you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS