Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Letter to my Son on his 5th Birthday

Dear Quino,

Happy 5th Birthday! 

It seems like only yesterday when we brought you home from the hospital. Born preterm at 36 weeks and weighing only 4.13 lbs., you were our little fighter.

Now you are 5 and exerting your independence. As the years passed things got challenging and sometimes we find ourselves in very difficult situations. We have agonized over many difficult decisions we had to make when it came to discipline. We have had many arguments but we are learning to parent as a team. I hope you know it's not easy for us to say no to you. We don't like hurting your feelings but we do it because we want to raise you well. We will not always give you what you want but we will always provide what you need. And at the end of the day we hope you grow up to realize that it's not the material things that matter but family.

I look back at the 5 years that have passed and I realize my superwoman days are coming to an end You no longer need me to kiss you ouchies away. You just ask me to put a BandAid on it Your favorite thing to say while I'm working and you're playing in my room, "Mom, please come here and spend ten minutes with me. I want to cuddle." Always, anak. Always and forever. You changed my life when you were born. I love you!

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS